Alimony - Child Support - Child Custody

In a Family Law case, the court has continuing jurisdiction to modify awards of alimony, child support, parental responsibility and time sharing. To bring the issues back before the court, a Supplemental Petition for Modification must be filed with the court within a certain time period. If there is a significant change in your life such as a lost job, the children changing residences, serious injury or disability, or other factors which affect you or your children, you must seek help immediately. Until a Supplemental Petition to Modify is filed, the court cannot modify any prior awards, judgments, or orders.

The court may be limited as to what aspects of a final judgment it can modify. Your attorney will review the final judgment and any associated marital agreements to determine if the modification you seek is possible.

Located in Clearwater, we handle cases throughout the surrounding Florida communities.